The Volkswagen New Beetle Dune is a standard car. It is one of the trio of VW New Beetles featured in the game, it being the most suited for off-road driving. In HQTM Team's Classic Madness mod, it is replaced by the Triumph Thunderbird motorcycle.
How to Unlock Edit
HistoryEditThe Volkswagen New Beetle Dune concept car was unveiled in 2000, as a possible off-road model, but was never put into production. However, since the introduction of the Volkswagen Beetle (A5), a dune model has also been introduced and is believed to enter production in 2016.
- Top Speed: 137 mph
- Horsepower: 150bhp
- Mass: 2833 lbs
- Durability: Low
In-Game Description Edit
Want to take the New Beetle off-road? The New Beetle Dune's air suspension will give you the improved durability that you'll need.
- Meow (unlocked through victory in all San Francisco Circuit races)
- Matamow Cup (originally cut from the game, but made available through use of MM2 Revisited)
- Besides the Freightliner Century, the City Bus, the Double-Decker Bus, the Ford Mustang Cruiser, the American LaFrance Fire Truck, and the Light Tactical Vehicle (the cut content doesn't count), this is the only generic vehicle that isn't driven by any of the opponents in any of the default races.
- In real life, the Volkswagen New Beetle Dune concept car had four wheel drive. In Midtown Madness 2, the car is front wheel drive.
- The Volkswagen New Beetle Dune, along with the Audi TT and the American LaFrance Fire Truck, all have an animal print paint job.
- There is duplicated copy of the .pkg file for this car named "vpvw_dune." This also applies to the London Cab, American LaFrance Fire Truck (except there's two duplicated .pkg files for it), the Aston Martin DB7 Vantage, and the VW New Beetle RSi.