The Panoz Roadster is a car unlocked from the very first time you play Midtown Madness 2 or Midtown Madness 1. It is one of the fastest standard vehicles on the game (behind the Panoz GTR-1), and the fastest that is unlocked by default.
In-Game Description Edit
The Roadster's top speed makes it great for paved streets, but don't hit anything or you'll be finished in a hurry!
- Top Speed: 178 mph
- Horsepower: 305bhp
- Mass: 2595 lbs
- Durability: Very Low
- Purple (originally cut from the game, but made available through use of MM2 Revisited)
- Green (originally cut from the game, but made available through use of MM2 Revisited)
- In the game the Panoz Roadster is a hard top, despite being an open top in real life.
- It has new engine sounds in Midtown Madness 2, however the older ones can be used through modding.
- The Panoz Roadster is mistakenly a front-wheel drive in Midtown Madness 2, when it should be rear-wheel drive. The irony of this error is that the car still has poor handling and severe oversteer if one makes a sharp turn.
- The front and rear bumpers float in front of each side of the car.
- Unlike in the original Midtown Madness, the Panoz Roadster's front fenders are not visible in dashboard view.
- In the early beta versions of Midtown Madness 2, this car has a different selection sound effect. In the final version, the one from Midtown Madness 1 was restored.
- The only other game that the Panoz AIV Roadster appears in is rFactor 2, where it is available as an addon for the game.