The New Mini Cooper is a standard car, unlocked by completing 5 London Blitz events. It is significantly smaller than its real-life counterpart, and uses a particularly poor model. In the game it is actually slightly smaller than its predecessor, the Mini Cooper Classic. In HQTM Team's Classic Madness mod, it is replaced with the French Citroën 2CV.
HistoryEditThe Mini began life as BMC's Austin Seven and Morris Mini Minor (Austin/Morris 850 in the US) designed by Sir Alec Issigonis in 1959. In 1961, the Seven was rebranded as the Austin Mini (with the Morris Mini following shortly afterwards), and a legend was born. In the same year, BMC started work on the Austin/Morris Mini Cooper (on which the Mini Cooper Classic is based), a performance model that featured a larger engine. In 1963, the Mini Cooper S was developed, a racing version that went on to win many rallies, notably the Monte Carlo rally, which it won a total of 3 times, between 1964 and 1967. In 1969, the Austin and Morris names were dropped, forming the Mini marque. In the 1980's Rover took over the Mini's production from BMC, but it wasn't until 2000 that the car was dropped completely. In 2000, BMW bought the rights to the Mini name and in 2001, started production on the New Mini Cooper and Mini One, which was much larger and spacious than its predecessor in order to keep up with modern competitors. In 2007, this recieved a facelift, before the introduction of the Clubman estate car and Countryman SUV in 2008 and 2010 respectively.
Like its predecessor, the New Mini Cooper is great for weaving in and out of traffic, around pedestrians, and down sidewalks!
- Top Speed: 131 mph
- Horsepower: 115 bhp
- Mass: 2304 lbs
- Durability: Low
- This is one of the two LHD cars to be unlocked in London, alongside the Panoz GTR-1, despite the fact that this car has British-styled license plates and one of the paint jobs being called "British Racing Green." However, a mod for the dashboard view has been made and uploaded to Midtown Madness 2 eXtreme in order to make it an RHD version.
- In the early beta versions of MM2, this car had two fog lights on its grill, but for unknown reasons, they were removed in the final release.
- British Racing Green
- Sienna Gold
- Laser Blue
- Tech Silver
- Gumdrop (unlocked through completion of all London Blitz events)
- Eden Green (originally cut from the game, but made available through use of MM2 Revisited)
- Fire Red (originally cut from the game, but made available through use of MM2 Revisited)
- Dolo Blue (originally cut from the game, but made available through use of MM2 Revisited)
- Black (originally cut from the game, but made available through use of MM2 Revisited)
|Bayerische Motoren Werke AG||BMW 507 · BMW M3 CSL Concept|
|MINI||New Mini Cooper · Mini Cooper Classic · Morris Mini Minor|