The Ford Mustang has been Ford's pony car since it was released in 1964. The Fastback model was the coupe version of the car sold from 1965-68, before the second facelift, when it was renamed 'Sportsroof'. The Ford Mustang Fastback featured in MM2 is a 1968 Fastback, built after the first facelift and famed for its appearance in the move Bullitt. The second 'generation' of Mustang was introduced in 1974, with the new mindset that speed wasn't everything. As a result, sales plummeted, until the release of the third Mustang in 1978. Although its early facelifts are often considered to be the ugliest Mustang ever, it managed to keep in profit until its discontinuation in 1993. 1994 saw the arrival of the fourth-gen Mustang, on which the Ford Mustang GT and Ford Mustang Cruiser are based. The GT model was the performance model of the era, while the Cruiser was the modified police version. The models used in MM2 are from 2000 (as they would have been current models at the time of MM2's release) promptly after the generation's facelift in 1999. The latest generation of Mustang was introduced in 2005 (inspired by the Ford Mustang GT Concept), and facelifted in 2010. Many variants of the newest Mustang have been ported into MM2 in the form of mods.
A classic musclecar, its top speed and strong horsepower make the Fastback a solid choice for many race settings.
- Top Speed: 132 mph
- Horsepower: 230 bhp
- Mass: 2823 lbs
- Durability: Medium
- Classic Chrome (unlocked through completion of Midterm 3 of the San Francisco Crash Course)
- It resembles the Ford Mustang Fastback driven in the 1968 action film Bulitt. In fact, the car's base name in the core files is vpbullet, which is likely a reference to the film.
- In Revisited V5 the car's body was changed. It now has a rounder front and a cut licsense plate was added on the rear.
- It, along with the Panoz GTR-1 are the only cars from the original Midtown Madness that have custom paintjobs in Midtown Madness 2.
- The Ford Mustang Fastback has new engine sounds in Midtown Madness 2. This applies to the Ford F-350, the Ford Mustang GT, the VW New Beetle, the Cadillac Eldorado and the Panoz Roadster.